Hhhmmmm, an apt quote for me today! Nearly six weeks of eating a lot less than normal, drinking a massive amount less alcohol than normal and training like a demon!
What have I got to show for it! 2kg weight loss (4lbs) and 8cm measurement loss! I know I can't expect miracles but come on! I may as well sit on my fat arse and drink wine!
But alas as I may have mentioned before this exercise malarkey is somewhat addictive and like an idiot I have spoken out loud the fact that I intend to attempt the 2013 Kapiti Women's Triathlon! I will carry on in the hope that I am developing a chiselled body underneath this layer of mummy fat and that the mummy fat will one day just melt away!
The weight may not be falling off but 6 weeks in and The Cherubs and I are having fun in ways we never thought of! Who knew making a bed, cooking dinner or smelling flowers at the garden centre could be so much fun! There's fun in the big and the little things you just need to be able to see it!
Here's what I've been up to over the last few days ...
- Day 38 - after Thursdays Tabata training my body was broken! The pain was gone from my quads but had migrated to my poor sorry BUTT! Not to be stopped Lovely Hubby and I went out and biked the 12km route of the Triathlon! It took me all my power to not cry throughout! What a hideous experience and a crap time! By the time I got home from work I felt like I had been run over!
- Day 39 - Rest day! Much needed! 2 weeks before the Triathlon and a rest day goes against my instinct but it was much needed.
- Day 40 - 400m sea swim and 12km bike! So much better after rest day. Managed a relatively quick swim and I improved my bike time! Phew! I biked home and ran to the roundabout and back just to try out the transition from bike to running! Yuck! Not nice!
- Day 41 - the plan today was a 4km run before work but after an eventful early morning start with The Girl Cherub and a sore hip I ended up staying in my bed! Super disappointed! After loosening off my poorly hip throughout the day Lovely Hubby and I did a 4km hill run! Slow start but dip site the hills I still managed a decent time (for me)!
6 weeks in and I'm starting to get itchy feet in relation to healthy food! I just want to stuff my face! With junk food that is, not lettuce! Seeing as Saturday was my exercise rest day I took a day off of healthy eating! I still ate the normal healthy stuff but there was a couple of cookies, some crisps, I didn't gorge myself but just gave my self a wee taste!
- Alcohol has been drunk. I felt sorry for my self and my poorly body and impending cold on Friday night so drowned my sorrows with some white wine, a wee drop on Saturday and some bubbles on Sunday night! Bad behaviour! What can I say!
- Most of the wine was diluted heavily in fizzy water! I did drink some straight water too of course!
Have Fun With The Kids
- No fun on Friday! Mummy was not a happy bunny!
- Saturday ... After a busy week out and about we played with toys in our own house! We attempted the beach but it was too cold but not too cold for ice cream!
- Sunday ... Archie had his first haircut! (*sob* not a baby anymore). Maisie had her first grown up haircut! Hair washed and everything! Then after lunch we wrecked our lovely new hair by playing at the beach rolling about in the sand and swimming in the sea!
- Monday ... Archie helped Granny and Aunty Katy make dinner while Maisie got pushed round the park while we ran!